We believe, and we hope you do also, that arts and culture enrich a community and help stimulate the minds of the young, to the not so young.
A perfect example is the recent Bright Walls Mural Festival that Jackson Young Professionals organized. People of all ages enjoyed visiting downtown, during the festival, to see artists at work, at such a large scale, and each with their individual style. Through your financial support we can continue in our mission to strengthen, support, and promote the arts and culture throughout Jackson County.
Your Arts and Cultural Alliance of Jackson County continues its work for both art and cultural organizations and individual artists. This volunteer group in the past year has:
- Provided fiduciary services for Bright Walls Mural Festival
- Produced the 4th Annual Arts in Jackson Day, a community-wide advocacy day
- Advocated for local architecture, by organizing the Stained Glass Windows Architecture Tour
- Securing artwork by local artists in the new County National Bank branch, downtown
- Conducting a survey to determine how locals enjoy art and what their barriers are for enjoying art
- Sponsored Soiree Macabre, a local Halloween themed Art Exhibition
- Promoted individual artists as well as arts organizations through paid social media posts, reaching more than 68,000 Jackson residents
Please consider a donation to help ensure that the Arts and Culture programming continues here in our hometown. You can donate online or mail a check to:
Arts and Cultural Alliance of Jackson County
P.O. Box 1463
Jackson, Michigan, 49204
Thank you for your support!
(Originally posted to our monthly email newsletter)