For the past 15 years, the Arts & Cultural Alliance of Jackson County (ACAJC) has supported the creative sector in Jackson by offering artists and creatives paid memberships.In an effort to bring our services to more people, the ACAJC Board has decided to discontinue paid memberships, and to continue on with the support of donations, so that we can offer our services to all artists and creatives living and working in Jackson County.We appreciate and value the artists and creatives who have been dues-paying members over the years, and we will continue to provide support and advocacy for the arts across the county.Individuals interested in being a booster for the arts are encouraged to make a tax-deductible donation to the Arts & Cultural Alliance of Jackson County. We hope you will participate in future Outreach Committee meetings to help us learn how to advocate and support the arts in our community.Outreach Committee meetings are held on the fourth Monday of every month at 6 p.m. at varying locations. If you would like to share ideas with the creative sector in Jackson, please attend the Outreach Committee meetings.To receive updates, including the location of the Outreach Committee every month, please send an email to: email@example.com.
Arts and Cultural Alliance of Jackson County is hiring an Administrative Membership Coordinator.
Ten to 12 hours per week. Independent Contractor position from January to March 31, 2017.
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the ACAJC Board by generating prospective member leads, developing and maintaining a membership recruitment list and assisting with the development of member recruitment and retention programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend Board Meetings to take minutes and return to Board Chair soon after, until Board Secretary is secured.
- Develop e-mail newsletter.
- Provide input/suggestions to expand/ improve services and add value to membership.
- Actively recruit new members and promote and encourage participation in ACAJC.
- Follow up with any potential members you contact to address questions, provide additional information, and help facilitate their joining ACAJC.
- Reach out to those who have not renewed their membership to determine why and encourage them to rejoin.
- Research and data collection skills.
- Experience with membership organizations and/or community outreach preferred.
- Self-motivated, energetic learner with a good sense of humor.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Must possess an open communications style.
- Highly organized with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Please apply by December 26, 2016 to be considered. Interviews will be held the first week of January.